Okay, I really don’t like exposing reposters but I have to do it this time because I’ve seen this happening to more people frequently and IT’S NOT OKAY.
1. It IS my GIF. It has my watermark and if you think I can’t recognize something I SPENT A LOT OF TIME MAKING, then you’re wrong.
Here it is (and bigger) so you can see it:
2. If your post is about the quote from Benedict THEN WHY DON’T MAKE IT JUST ABOUT THE QUOTE. Or if you wanted a GIF to go with it then USE ONE OF YOUR OWN, LIKE YOU SAID YOU HAVE.
3. I don’t care if the reblogs stay in tumblr, IT’S NOT SOMETHING YOU MADE.
4. Just because people do something it doesn’t mean IT’S THE RIGHT THING TO DO, OR THAT YOU SHOULD DO IT TOO.
5. NO, YOU DON’T HAVE TO LIVE WITH PEOPLE USING YOUR WORK. Read above.
6. And again, IT IS NOT YOUR GIF. IT’S MINE.
And one last thing, I’ve gone through your blog and sadly, my GIF wasn’t the only one you have reposted. There are SO MANY MORE. If you say you make GIFs (like, really make them FROM SCRATCH, not just take a GIF from the internet, edit it a bit and then post it as your own) THEN YOU SHOULD POST YOURS.
“Well, I don’t like it; but I suppose it must be,” said I. “When do we start?”
”You are not coming.”
”Then you are not going,” said I. “I give you my word of honour — and I never broke it in my life — that I will take a cab straight to the police station and give you away unless you let me share this adventure with you.”
[…]”Well, well, my dear fellow, be it so.”
The Adventure of Charles Augustus Milverton
“Me and Cumbersbumberswumbers wearing neutron cream. Before we told him it wasn’t real.”